Doksany Castle is closed, it neighbors to the monastery.
The Premonstratensian Monastery was founded by Vladislaus II, Duke of Bohemia and his wife Gertruda as the second female monastery in our countries.
Abbey founded shortly before 1144 last until 1782.
After 1782, the abbey was converted into a mansion and farm buildings. The Romanesque Church of the Virgin Mary's Birth, the masonry of the basilica and the crypt was preserved. The church was rebuilt in the early Baroque; the prelature, convent and the gate was built at the end of the 18th century.
On the North of the monastery stands Church of St. Peter and Paul from the first half of the 13th century, rebuilt in Baroque.
Doksany Monastery owns the Royal Canon of Premonstratensians in Strahov.
Doksany Castle is owned by the Czech state
and is in care of the National Heritage Institute.